• What is the leasing process for traditional households?
The process begins by contacting Antelope Ridge. We would be more than happy to show you all that we have to offer. Once you've decided that you want to reside in our community, an application for housing would need completed. Part of the application process is going through a background screening that includes criminal and credit checks. The fee for this is $20 for an individual or $35 for a household.
• Is there a security deposit required?
For non-military personal, there is a minimum of $300 required for a security deposit. The exact amount will be on an individual basis dependent on the results of the background screening.
• Can my spouse apply for me?
We can accept an application for a spouse only if there is a Power of Attorney. We will require a copy of this.
• Can we select a home or is one assigned?
You can most certainly let your representative know which home styles you are interested in. They will do their best to try and fit your needs and interests.
• In which county is Antelope Ridge located?
We are in Meade County.
• Who do we contact for an emergency?
Please call 9-1-1. For non-emergent calls, please contact the City of Box Elder Police Department at (605) 923-1401.
• How do maintenance repairs work and do we have to pay?
Maintenance repairs are provided to all residents of Antelope Ridge. The service is free of charge, provided that the repair is deemed a routine maintenance item. In the event the service is required to repair damage caused by the resident, the cost of the repair will be the responsibility of the resident.
• What lawn care does Antelope Ridge provide and what are my responsibilities for lawn care?
Lawn care service is provided to all residents of Antelope Ridge at no charge. The service includes grass cutting of the front, side yards. Residents are responsible for maintaining back yards that are fenced, tree / shrub trimming and flower bed maintenance. The landscaping contract includes service for all homes at Antelope Ridge; therefore, there is no cost savings to the community for homes that do not participate in the program. If you are experiencing a specific problem with the lawn care at your home, please contact your respective Community Office.
• Why do I have to check with Property Management if I want an item replaced? (Ex: light fixture)
We will change out fixtures, flooring and appliances based on the serviceability of the items therefore it must be determined if the replacement is the most cost effective use of the budget dollars.
• Why can't I park on the grass?
It kills the grass. We want to maintain the yards at each residence so that the overall appearance in each area can be pleasant for all who live there.
• Why do I have to pick up after my dog?
We like to ensure a sanitary environment for all our residents.
• Will I be reimbursed for damage to my personal property due to leaks, fire, pipes backing up or food spoiling?
Antelope Ridge does NOT provide renter's insurance to residents. You need to determine the amount of coverage that you and purchase renters insurance to cover all of your personal belongings. Antelope Ridge, per your signed lease, does not reimburse for personal property as listed above.
• Why do I have to put my animals up for maintenance to come in when I am not home?
This is a safety issue. No one really knows how an animal will react to a stranger when the owner is or is not home.
• Why do my children have to be 18 years or older for maintenance to enter my home even with a waiver?
This is to protect both the minors in the home and our employees.
• I am on the wait list, but in a lease elsewhere. Will you hold a house for me?
We will hold your position until you are ready. You must contact us 60 days prior to your lease expiring to ensure we will have housing available for you.
• Why do I have to get permission from Property Management to get my locks changed on my home?
This is to ensure that Property Management has a key to your home in case of an emergency.
• What is a PTE waiver?
This form is known as the Permission To Enter form. This is an access authorization form that is signed by the resident to allow maintenance permission to acquire a key to your home in order to complete a work order when you are not home. We do this as a convenience to the resident
• Who handles snow removal?
Antelope Ridge snowplows will open streets within the Antelope Ridge Community only. It is your responsibility to clear driveways, parking spaces, and sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall (Up to 50 feet in all directions from your home). It is also your responsibility to clear a path to your trashcans for the garbage contractor within 24 hours after snowfall.
• Can I park on the street during snow weather?
All vehicles must be removed from housing streets upon declaration of a snow advisory or winter weather warning, or when directed by a Antelope Ridge manager. If leaving on an extended TDY or deployment, vehicles must be parked in the driveway or garage only. If snow or winter weather is forecast for late evening or early morning, move your vehicles before going to bed. If snow removal vehicles encounter vehicles parked on housing streets during operations, these vehicles will be ticketed and towed at owner’s expense. Antelope Ridge does not assume any risk, responsibility, or liability for any damage to vehicles occurring from snow removal or towing operations when vehicles are in violation of this policy.
• Will Antelope Ridge remove the appliances so that I can use my personal appliances?
Not at this time. Antelope Ridge does not have the man power nor the storage space.
• Can I change my car oil at my home?
Pouring engine oils, engine coolants, car grease, and other similar products into the plumbing or storm drainage system, on the ground, or in the trash is prohibited. Failure to comply with sound environmental protection practices may result in adverse administrative action or even civil liability and criminal sanctions.
• Are solicitors allowed in housing?
Solicitation, fund raising, scout activities, school sales, etc., require prior approval from the Antelope Ridge Housing Director.
• Who handles dead animals?
Please call our maintenance hotline at 866-680-5271.
• How do I start the Move Out process?
The Housing Lease includes a clause requiring that residents notify their Antelope Ridge Welcome Center in writing within 30 days of their intent to vacate.
• What are my cleaning options when I'm ready to move out?
Residents have two (2) cleaning options: Residents may clean the house following the "Antelope Ridge Cleaning Guidelines" sheet provided to residents when scheduling a notice to vacate. Residents may hire a contractor to clean the house prior to the Termination Inspection. All negotiations will be strictly between the resident and the cleaning team.
• What is the leasing process for military households?
The leasing process begins with contacting Antelope Ridge. If you are in the area, we would be more than happy to show you all that we have to offer. If you are PCSing from another base, we will work with you throughout your transition to Ellsworth. Once you've decided that Antelope Ridge is for you, an application should be submitted as soon as possible. In order for us to reserve a home for you upon your arrival, we strongly encourage you to submit a non-refundable $150 hold fee. This fee can be applied to your first month's rent upon the signing of your lease.
• Is a security deposit required?
Military individuals are exempt from a security deposit. The reason for this is that we require military personnel to do an allotment for their rent.
• Can my spouse apply for housing and sign a lease for me while I'm deployed or on TDY?
Yes your spouse can act on your behalf as long as there is a Power of Attorney in place. We require a copy of the POA in order to process the information.
• Is my rent based on my BAH?
No. We have a set rental rate for all residents.
• Under what circumstances can I terminate my lease?
Under the military clause, you can terminate your lease if you receive orders for deployment, PCS, or TDY for more than 60 days. However, we still require 30 days notice and also require a copy of your orders.
• How can I take care of my lawn if I'm deployed or on extended TDY?
Please provide Antelope Ridge Welcome Center with a copy of your orders and we will provide lawn care for you at no cost.